How can you change things if you are not aware of what you are doing now?
To start I need to identify the patterns that have been a barrier to achieving my goals to date.
- Finances: living pay check to pay check has been a hurdle. Getting paid on one day and not having anything left on the other is an ongoing issue (part of the joy of separation I guess! Carrying the bulk of the debt!). Food buying to date has been controlled by what will last best for 2 weeks. I have survived on frozen meats, rice and the occasional veggie. ice cream keeps well too but sadly that is not a consideration. A tub will never be found half eaten at my house... either its been unopened or its fully consumed. So, fresh produce, has not been a regular thing to purchase... after all that means I have to have money to shop more often, so that I always have it fresh. Need to plan for this better.
- Time: I have no me time. My little boy is with me ALL the time when I am not at work. So. . . working out - no time. Shopping -- keep it simple, no time. Cleaning the house - no time. I think some of these are just cop outs. Each suggestions on overcoming these excuses comes with its own reason why I can't. Oh.. and there there is the dog too...
- Energy: I am driving home thinking... I'll go for a hike tonight. I'll do an extra long dog walk. I'll get home and clean out the house. I get home and Sllluuuurp! My energy is sucked out. I pass out on the couch in a semi comatose state.
- Gear: I have no running shoes. I have nothing to work out in. etc. etc.
So there... throw in "I'll do it tomorrow." and "just a little bit" and you have every excuse in the book.
Food issues too. Taking the time to schedule meals and plan them has always been a hassle for me. But, I also know that that is the only way I can succeed.
240lbs, signing off!
No comments:
Post a Comment